- Put the individual we are supporting at the centre of everything in anything regards their support needs.
- Take time to find out individual life experiences, their background history (including knowledge about individual culture, beliefs, traditions, habits, activities), their preference, and how they want to be supported and why they like things done in a certain way.
- We then deliver a service that is respectful, dignified, compassionate, and appropriate, that meet and reflect individual needs, ethical and moral beliefs, and preferences/choices, as opposed to organisational standards or routines, because one size does not fit all.
To ensure service users’ daily needs are adequately met, support plans will be developed in partnership with the service user and all the people who are important to each person. The support plan details what work will be done together to reach the specified and agreed goals and highlight to staff what to do as well as how to do it, in the way the individual chooses.
Person centred plans;
In addition to support plans, all service users will have a person-centred plan which identifies their dreams, aspirations, strengths, gifts and talents, and the plan gives a framework for which the persons’ support team works with the person to achieve outcomes and hence develop one’s life.
Individuals that we support have a right to:
- Feel valued and to be treated with respect
- Feel secure
- Be heard
- Be able to maintain dignity
- Be able to regain and maintain their independence as much as they are able.
We deliver care/support that:
- Empowers individuals to understand and decide on what’s best for them (‘informed choices and decisions’).
- Allows negotiation of care/support, hence involving individuals in their care and support.
- Promotes two-way communications with service users, communicating and involving individuals when things aren’t going to plan.
- Monitors individuals’ care and support, progress and or deterioration and hence seeking immediate interventions to ensure wellbeing is maintained.